Facial exercises can help you achieve what makeup cannot. For instance, getting rid of a double chin will not be possible with skincare products. We all don’t like it when aging signs start showing on our faces and a double chin from facial sagginess is quite unsightly for most young people. Double chin exercises can however reverse the condition and make your problematic spot less prominent. Double chin exercise and other exercises for the face have health and beauty benefits for your body.
Suggested Facial Exercises
To supplement your anti-aging makeup, you can consider reducing the appearance of your double chin by taking either of the following facial exercises:
- Chin lifts – Sit straight and relaxed on a chair and move your head back looking straight at the ceiling. Your lips should be closed and relaxed as you tilt your head back. When your head is tilted enough, pout your lips and count up to twenty in the same position. Release your lips and relax. Next, slowly move your head to the normal starting position and repeat the whole process for as long as you can. This exercise strengthens your facial and neck muscles.
- Tennis ball exercise – Use a tennis ball to do this exercise. Just place the ball under your chin and press it tightly against your throat. Slowly release the ball and repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Neck rolling – Stand straight. Turn your head to the side and ensure that your chin corresponds to your shoulder. Your eyes should also face the side too. Next, slowly roll your head downward and raise it slowly to the other side. Repeat the procedure for both sides at least 10 times.
- Open mouth – This double chin exercise is very easy. Just sit relaxed and open your mouth as wide as you can. Go on and stick your tongue out as if you are trying to touch your chin with your tongue. Stay on that position on a count of ten. Relax and repeat the procedure for at least 10 times.
- Platysma exercise – Platysma is the muscle that runs from your lower jaw down along the neck. To tone this muscle, stand upright with your neck straight. Move your lips up above your teeth while making your mouth corners move down. Stay in the same position for a few seconds and relax. Repeat the procedure for 10 more times. Moving your lips strengthens the muscles around your jaw.
You can vary these facial exercises to help you get rid of your double chin. You don’t have to do all of the exercises at once, single out one of them and work on it slowly regularly. You can add a different chin exercise as you progress with your next exercise sessions.
Facial exercises are fast, cost-effective, painless and come with multiple benefits for your health. Double chin exercises strengthen the platysma muscle and other surrounding muscles. Experiencing with double chin exercise is the sure way to know if it is the right remedy for your double chin. If you are overweight, it would be advisable to workout regularly to achieve admirable proportions too on other parts of your body.